Since I’m all about eco fashion, I was excited to attend Global Fashion Exchange and Bead & Reel’s GFX Hollywood Inaugural swap for a boutique swap experience in the heart of Los Angeles at the brand new FF-1051 Gallery. Hosted by Global Fashion Exchange in partnership with Bead & Reel, they had an epic event that was a chic new side of pre-loved fashion for men and women. Attendees brought their best clean, gently-used clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry, and accessories that they would love to give to a friend, and exchange them for fresh, beautiful styles for themselves!
I had a blast at the event and met some wonderful eco warriors. I felt like I was “shopping” at a high end boutique on Melrose or Robertson (except for trade not money) and not at a clothing swap! I noticed the holy grail of high end brands like Gucci, Roberto Cavalli, Nanette Lepore, Tahari and Theory! I can’t recommend this event enough and would love to be an Ambassador (hint, hint, nudge, nudge GFX Fashion Exchange) and would love to collaborate with Sica, the energetic and super kind founder of Bead and Real on future events!
The average American tosses 82 pounds of textile waste each year, which adds up to 11 million tons of trash in landfills annually. Attendees fought fashion waste and got set for the holidays with this exclusive swapping event.
HOW IT WORKS
- For every item you bring, you can take something else home!
- They will weigh all in-coming pieces and add the total into the Global Fashion Exchange’s landfill savings (40,000 pounds and counting!).
- Anything left over will be donated to the Downtown Women’s Center or recycled with I:CO, so nothing goes to waste!
- NO fast fashion brands (example: Forever 21, H&M, Zara, etc.)
- All items must be clean, lightly used, and something someone else would actually want to wear. More info at http://www.globalfashionexchange.org/ and https://www.beadandreel.com/
All photos courtesy of Bead and Reel